MERIDIAN TOWNSHIP - It's the holiday season and you're probably getting ready to host the big family get together!
But many people often forget about simple and important steps to keep their guests and themselves healthy during the holidays.
Here are a few steps to keep your happy home healthy this season!
1. Wash your hands thoroughly in warm, soapy water for at least 20 seconds.
2. Thaw frozen foods in cold water (not in the kitchen sink!) a microwave or the refrigerator.
3. Use a food thermometer to make sure food is at the minimum cooking temperature.
4. Use separate cutting boards and utensils when working with raw seafood, eggs, poultry, meat or produce.
5. Be sure to clean utensils thoroughly to ensure no bacteria will contaminate cooking and eating utensils.
6. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit or greater to ensure thorough cooking.