Ingham County Animal Control Encourages Residents To License Their Pets

Ingham County Animal Control Encourages Residents To License Their Pets

INGHAM COUNTY - According to Michigan Law the state requires that all dogs sterilized or unsterilized have a license if they are over four months old.

“You can buy dog licenses year round for Ingham County. Doing it at the beginning of each year is never a bad idea. The only way to get a dog license, is to have proof of a rabies shot,” said Kate Turner, Ingham County Animal Control and Community Outreach Manager.

On January 4th, the Ingham County Animal Control sent out a press release encouraging that local residents comply with vaccination and licensing.

Licenses can be found at the Ingham County Animal Control Center located in Mason, the Ingham County Treasurer, the Animal Control Outreach Center in Lansing and other local veterinary offices.

“You could receive a ticket or a citation and pay a delinquent licensing fee which is the double the cost of a regular licensing fee, if your dog is involved in any kind of incident,” said Turner.

Additional Resources

For more information about how you can properly license your pets, you can visit the Ingham County Animal Control website.


Meridian Township Celebrates Chinese New Year Once Again


OKEMOS - The Greater Lansing Chinese Association hosted the... [More]


HOMTV Announces 'Swag About It, Brag About it, Take it HOM' Giveaway


MERIDIAN TOWNSHIP - HOMTV serves as the government access channel for ... [More]


Blondie’s Barn Provides Free Meals on Thanksgiving for the 10th Year


HASLETT - Blondie’s Barn will be open for the holidays once ... [More]

Meridian Weather