MERIDIAN TOWNSHIP - The Primary Voting for Meridian Township takes place on August 2nd, from 7am until 8pm. The last day to register for this election is July 5th.
To be eligible to vote in this coming election a person must be:
-18 years of age
-a United State Citizen
-a resident of Michigan
-a resident of Meridian Township
A resident can register at any Secretary of State Branch, the Ingham County Clerk’s Office or the Meridian Township Clerk’s Office.
The last day to request for an absentee ballot is July 30th. The ballots will begin to be mailed out on June 29th. On August 1st, the Absentee ballots will be available in person until 4pm. Ballots must be returned to the Clerk’s office by 8pm on August 2nd.
To be considered for an Absentee Ballot you must be
-60 years of age
- Physically unable to attend the polls without the assistance of another
- An appointed precinct worker in a precinct other than the precinct where the resident resides
- Expecting to be absent from the community in which the resident is registered for the entire time the polls are open on Election Day
- Unable to attend the polls because of the tenets of the resident’s religion
- Unable to attend the polls because the resident is confined to jail awaiting arraignment or trial
The Polling location for Precinct 20 has now been changed to the Haslett Library. New registration cards and information will be coming in the mail for those who are a part of that precinct.
To view a sample ballot, fill out an application or to get more information call the Clerk’s Office at 517-853-4300.