Highlights From The Township 2021 Semi-Annual Report Presentation
Township Manager Frank Walsh tells the Township Board about the 2021 Semi-Annual Report.
MERIDIAN TOWNSHIP - Township Manager Frank Walsh gave his semi-annual report to the Township Board at the meeting on Aug. 17.
Here are the key takeaways:
- The Township website will have a new look. The estimated live date is November 2021.
- HOMTV's old equipment is getting removed and replaced.
- The Village of Okemos project has had two amendments approved and township staff are trying to bring the project closer to construction.
- Rental housing inspectors and building inspectors were given tablets to help effectively facilitate field work.
- Some economic development in the township includes: the community survey, House of Soles shoe drive, LEAP PAFC Art grant for a piece in the Marketplace on the Green and more.
- The 2022 budget will be distributed to the board on Aug. 27 and the first discussion is scheduled for September 7, 2021.
- Tenth outdoor warning sired was installed in the area of Lake Lansing Road and Park Lake.
- The fire department had five promotions and received a new UTV to respond to emergencies.
- The Harris Nature Center had a new pavilion/patio and restroom building projects completed.
- The Wednesday and Saturday Famers' Markets have had live entertainment all summer long, with approximately 65 vendors participating each week with 3,000 visitors.
- The police department has a higher percentage of female officers than the national average.
- Solar panels were installed at the Service Center.
- The Local Roads Program, pathway projects and drains projects are all in motion.